2 1/4 cups flour
3 tbsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 cup non dairy milk (almond, soy, cashew)
1tbsp. apple cider vinegar
3/4 cup bone char free sugar (Zulka brand is what I use)
1/3 cup flavor less oil (vegetable, sunflower, canola, grapeseed)
1 tsp. vanilla extract or if you want a vanilla bean cake I would use 2 vanilla bean pods
1. Preheat your oven to 325 F. Get two 6 inch round pans with parchment paper by greasing them up with a vegan based spray (such as Vegalene).
2. In a bowl, sift all your dry ingredients ( flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cornstarch and salt) together and put that aside
3. In a separate bowl, combine your wet ingredients (non-dairy milk, oil, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla extract). Let this set for 5 minutes until it curdles and whisk.
4. Pour your wet ingredients slowly into your dry ingredients and mix throughly with your HAND MIXER.
5. Divide the batter by filling it up to 3/4 of the way, don’t over fill.
6. Bake cakes for at least 25 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean.
7. Remove cakes from oven and let it cool on a wire rack for 10-15 minutes. Once cooled, you can easily remove cakes from their pans
8. Enjoy it with/without frosting. You can store your cake in the fridge for at least 1 week if covered properly with plastic wrap.