This recipe isn’t your traditional Anzac ingredients but this is my take on it which I kinda winged☺︎
If you are gluten free then just make sure you use the appropriate oats to suit you.
— — —
Ingredients: (makes 10 cookies)
1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp syrup (golden or maple)
1 flax egg- 1 tbsp flax meal + 2.5 tbsp water
1/4 cup plant milk (you may not need it all)
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 tbsp boiling hot water
1 1/2 cups rolled oats (more if the mixture is too sticky)
3/4 cup shredded coconut
1) Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F
2) Prepare the flax egg, you can blend up flaxseed to make the flax meal. Set aside or refrigerate for 5 minutes.
3) Use an electric mixer to cream peanut butter and brown sugar together until fluffy.
4) Add in the syrup and flax egg to combine. Mix.
5) Pour milk in slowly and mix in intervals.
6) Mix boiling water with baking soda to dissolve, then fold into mixture.
7) Add rolled oats, allspice, and shredded coconut to creamed mixture, and fold well.
8) Refrigerate mixture to make it easier to work with, if you don’t then they will be very gooey after baking (however this makes them so delicious), add more oats if needed.
9) Use a handful of mixture at a time, roll into little balls, and press to flatten onto baking paper.
10) Bake for eight minutes, or until brown.
11) Cool cookies on a rack, give them time to harden.
— — —
Thanks to Chelsea for being my baker so I could film this;)
Chelsea’s Instagram ↠
My Instagram ↠