A simple recipe for a Malaysian cookie that is a must have for many Malaysian festivals. This is one recipe you should have in your arsenal if you wish to convince others that vegan dishes can taste just as good, if not better, than non-vegan dishes.
300 gm custard powder
2 cups all purpose wheat flour
1/2 cup corn flour
1 cup castor sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 cups vegan butter (Olive Gold)
4 tablespoons iced water
10 red cherries, cut into pieces
1. Mix all dry ingredients.
2. Add in margarine and mix until crumbly.
3. Add vanilla essence.
4. Add iced water and form into a soft dough.
5. This is the cookie press.
6. Fill cookie press and form into daisy shape.
7. Top with a piece of cherry.
8. Bake at 150 C for 20 minutes.