We invited our friend Natalie to share some vegan nutrition tips and make this delish pizza, which happens to be packed with protein, calcium, and vitamin B12.
Natalie’s website: www.nutritionalanatalie.com
2 tablespoons of flour
1 pizza dough
1/2 lb firm tofu, drained and pressed
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
5-10 fresh basil leaves, chopped
1 head of broccoli, chopped into florets
1/2 small red onion, sliced
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Pepper to taste.
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2) On a clean surface, sprinkle the flour. Lay the dough in the flour and coat the dough. Gently pull the dough apart until it will fit into a pizza pan or baking sheet.
3) Brush the pan with oil. Lay the dough on the pan and place it in the oven for 3-5 minutes. The dough should start to rise.
4) Meanwhile make the “ricotta”. In a large bowl, mush the tofu up with your hands, till it’s crumbly. Add lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper and basil. Mush with hands again, this time you want it to get very mushy so squeeze through your fingers and mush until it reaches the consistency of ricotta cheese. May take 2-5 minutes.Add olive oil, stir with fork. Add nutritional yeast and combine all ingredients well.
5) Coat the risen dough with tofu ricotta and spread evenly. Add broccoli and onion to pizza. Coat with olive oil.
6) Bake for 12-15 minutes or until bottom of the dough is golden brown.
Created by Liz Pierotti & Duncan Skiles
“Now Son” by Podington Bear
“Duffer” by Galt MacDermot
“Americana” by Kevin MacLeod